Before Signing Any Contract for Your Custom Built Home
Before Signing Any Contract To Build A New Construction Home
By Rick Merlini
American Heartland Homes
Certified Professional Master Builder
2 Time ABC Extreme Makeover Home Edition Home Builder
The most important thing to remember here is this- “Conflict occurs when expectation are not meet.” Expectation can not be meet unless both have agreed upon what to expect. That is way you must have everything that you have discussed with the builder in writing. Make the builder give you a rough schedule of what you can expect. I promise you that if a builder gives you everything you expected, you will most likely be happy.
Here are some things you need (Expectations) to consider before signing any contract.
- Has he furnished you with a complete set of plans, specifications, and a firm price for the home?
- What happens in case of any misunderstanding?
- What happens if you can’t close? Are there options or penalties.
- What happens if you do not get what you thought you were getting? How does it get resolved?
- What are the warranties? What can I expect to be covered and what is not covered?
- Are there any additional costs to complete? Items such as appliances, window shades, landscaping, moving cost, decorating or any other cost you can think of must be considered.
- When comparing proposals from different home builders, it is essential that you compare apples to apples. It is easy to lower the price by using lesser quality material, not including amenities, ceiling height differences, leaving soil problems open, and much more. You should carefully compare, item by item, what is being proposed. If there is a large variance between two builder’s prices for a similar home the difference will almost always be the quality!
Remember, greatness in is the details. It is those small details that will make the difference. Most homes in Macomb Michigan will have those small details. So don’t forget them. Good luck with your search of that new home. I hope this article will help you.
If you have any other questions about buying homes, selling homes, building a new home or any new construction question here in or around Macomb Michigan, feel free email me at email@example.com Thanks for visiting my blog.